Often much can be gained by working in small groups with another couple or two, who are facing similar circumstances. Typically, a common synergy develops and all in attendance “fly further and faster together”. New learning, renewed hope and lasting relationships often occur at these retreats.
– Dr. Diann Sanford, Psy.D, LPC
Is a Semi-Private Couples Retreat right for us?
Open for Couples at the Moderate Level: If you and your partner have 1-2 major stuck points, this is a good fit.
Open for Couples at the Enrichment Level: If you and your partner, have a good relationship or marriage and are not experiencing major stuck points, but would like to have greater connection or improved alignment in parenting/home life this semi -private retreat is a great option.
Agenda for Retreat
The main difference between the semi-private therapy and intensive couples private therapy, is that there is more than one participating couple during these retreats. The therapy will be somewhat more generalized, while using proven and evidence based treatment programs. There will be a few break out sessions, in which you and your partner can work privately on your skills, while Dr. Sanford moves around the room to assist. If you attend one of these retreats you and your partner will experience/participant in the following:
- participate in confidential assessments and appropriate intake paperwork
- Secure Motivation: commitment to your marriage and the retreat
Therapeutic sessions consisting of 4 Parts, based heavily on the Gottman Method:
- establishing standards: addressing individual/couple health
- building foundation skills: real issues in real time
- creating new ways of being
Heavy Lifting (shorter than in Intensive)
- addressing stuck points
- forgiveness/letting go/ break out session
A One Hour Break For Lunch is typical Here
- formulating a mutually acceptable course of action
- identifying supports, dangers, obstacles, resources needed/ a break out session
- moving forward
- commitment to new behaviors/a break out session
- common mission, new behaviors, common community
- celebration: fun, laughter, relaxation, embracing the “new you”
Before leaving a mutually agreed upon plan to maintain your progress will be developed, and you will be asked to participate in a short post-assessment of services.
* Prices vary accordingly if two couples or three
My Money Back Guarantee for Couples Intensives and Semi-Private Retreats
“I stand behind our work; therefore at the end of our intensive or retreat event, if you are not satisfied with the skills taught and acquired, I will either refund the total price of your services for that day, or only charge you what you consider the services performed that day are worth.”
Dr. Diann Sanford, Psy.D, LPC