Dr. Diann Sanford, Psy.D, LPC, visit in person/on line
Therapy is a process that promotes the development and strengthening of the healthiest version of yourself and your relationships, thus helping you to achieve the life you truly desire.
I am a private practice therapist serving clients in and around Plano, Texas. As your therapist, it is my priority to create a therapeutic atmosphere that promotes measurable growth and positive change, for you. I look forward to helping you address your unique challenges and realize your personal goals.
I use a variety of approaches to address my clients special needs. Many successful treatment plans will utilize a holistic foundation of positive psychology, cognitive-behavioral, family systems, existential, biofeedback/neurofeedback, high conflict resolution skill building , solution-focused brief therapy, and the Gottman Method. Quickly, I move toward specially designed, integrative therapeutic interventions to help sustain the growth made during our sessions.
There is a growing body of research that supports the practice of positive psychology such as self-compassion and mindfulness in psychotherapy. Neuroscience research reveals that individuals who practice these techniques are happier, more resilient, and better equipped to heal painful memories from the past.
These methodologies work very well with my clients who experience PTSD/trauma, ADHD, anxiety, depression, along with other life challenges. It is my honor and mission to help my clients move past what’s blocking them from reaching their full potential individually and in their relationships.
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
Education & Credentials:
- License #: 74944
- License State: Texas
- Practicing Since: 2014
- Psy.D in Clinical Psychology, Magna Cumme Laude
- Masters in Professional Counseling, Summa Cumme Laude
- B.S. in Special Education
- Therapist, in a group practice with a passion for serving highly diverse populations (the general population, soldiers and their families) applying a wide range of approaches to psychotherapy, with a special interest for integrative, strengths based, and holistic approaches to treatment. Clients present with a variety of symptoms and mental health diagnosis such as: major depression, mood disorders, adjustment disorders, addictions, substance abuse disorders and personality disorders, from ages 7 – to senior adults.
- Therapist, in an Inpatient and Outpatient behavioral health health hospital. Performed intakes, crisis management, individual and group counseling services, and discharge services.
- Presented Heart Rate Variability (HRV) research at the Texas Psychological Association (TPA) in 2019 in San Antonio
- Research, completed dissertation/doctoral project on: The use of Heart rate variability as an intervention in the treatment of depression, anxiety, and ADHD.
- Adjunct University Professor and Former Public School Educator, taught self-development and psychology courses at the university level, and various levels of special and regular education classes. Provided differentiated, experiential, and innovative instruction at the individual, campus, district and state level (assisted in annual workshops).
- Talent Development and Performance Manager, Entrepreneur: Built, managed, and trained teams from the ground up.
Weekday/weekend availability, free first meetings, individual, couples, and family sessions. Special events for couples, most insurance accepted, and sliding fee scales available.
972-427-2050 | Send Email
Sessions available in-person & online via secure video conferencing.